From: Edward Page (eopage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 09:05:14

Greetings

On 1/25/07, Bjørn Roald <bjorn_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:
> > It's possible to fork Antigrain 2.4 and even boostify it in the
> > process. I'm already quite familiar with it. But I'm not sure
> > there's enough time to do it, let alone maintain and support it.
> > I'm still hoping Maxim changes his mind.
> I think his motivation is primarily to make a decent living from his
> product. This will allow him to continue using his time on what he
> clearly is talented and skilled at. In itself that is a very good
> thing. If he is to change his mind about the licensing, as well as how
> to contribute to the community, I think it is reasonable that those
> that have ideas (proven by experience), or other means that can convince
> him, come forward and bring their information to him. Now is the time.

I on occasion follow the Haiku project (http://www.haiku-os.org) which
is small (team wise) but ambitious in creating binary compatibility
with BeOS, and remember reading about them using AGG and a quick
google confirms. Another quick google only gave me one reference to a
mention of license change, and it dealt with trying to negotiate with
the author, and that was back in October.

I have no clue if they have come up with any solution, but if a fork
is done, I would hope that you could get some collaboration going on
with some of their developers.

Ed Page