From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 12:01:07

Roland Schwarz wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> 3. No changes in tester's configurations whatsoever, unless
>> explicitly asked for.
>
> Ok.
> As I heave just learned, running release tests was not so a good idea.
> Should i drop them, i.e. stop running and remove the results from the
> server?

I believe so.

>> 4. No new testers whatsoever.
>
> As I am running only since a week. Should I stay or should I go?

Thanks for asking!

My primary point was that we should avoid anything that uncontrollably
change current picture, to avoid overlapping several factors. You're already in,
so as soon as you don't change anything at all, you're neither increasing
nor decreasing the number of reported errors, and so don't make it
harder to track progress, so there's no need to stop running at this point.

Thanks,
Volodya