From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-26 02:47:54

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> I wanted to remind everybody that we have
> a procedure how changes to RC_1_34_0 branch
> are supposed to be made, documented at:
>
> http://boost.org/more/release_procedures.htm#Developers
>
> I see quite a number of changes, made by difference people
> (including myself), that seem to be applicable both to HEAD
> and RC_1_34_0 but are present on only one of the branches.

Could it be, that the procedure is slightly too complicated?

I, e.g. am having two parallel trees present. E.g. HEAD and RC_1_34_0. I
do not see easily if merging from my local HEAD to my local RC_* and
then committing from local RC_* will be equivalent to the above
procedure. Will it?

Also I suspect that quite some users are using tortoise-cvs. A recipe
for this UI possibly would encourage more developers to follow the
procedure.

Roland