From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-26 04:11:09

Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Anthony Williams wrote:
>
>> Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> I've checked in the attached patches to:
>>>
>>> 1. Merge changes to required toolset list from RC to HEAD
>>> 2. Merge a couple of new test markups fron HEAD to RC.
>>>
>>> (2) applies to graph and thread libraries. I've verified that the
>>> mentioned tests exist on RC; if the library authors believe those changes
>>> should not be on RC, just say.
>>
>>> + <mark-expected-failures>
>>> + <test name="test_barrier_lib"/>
>>> + <toolset name="msvc-8.0"/>
>>> + <note author="Aleksey Gurtovoy" refid="6"/>
>>> + </mark-expected-failures>
>>> +
>>> + <mark-expected-failures>
>>> + <test name="test_thread"/>
>>> + <toolset name="msvc-7.1"/>
>>> + <note author="Aleksey Gurtovoy" refid="6"/>
>>> + </mark-expected-failures>
>>
>> I don't think there should be any expected failures for the thread library
>> on msvc.
>
> Why there's one on HEAD? Should the markup be removed on HEAD and RC, just HEAD,
> just RC, or something else?

The markup should be removed on RC. As Roland explained, the new work on the
thread lib is happening on a branch (it started as a major rewrite, and
includes some breaking changes), so HEAD is pretty much orphaned. It's
probably best to keep HEAD in sync with the RC branch for now.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Just Software Solutions Ltd - http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk