From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-29 15:17:25

I am trying to get the regressions straight for msvc-6.5.
I discovered, that some of the test's test are failing with
msvc-6.5.

I tracked this down to the fact, that the boost_unit_test_framework
cannot be built as a DLL.

In fact the compilation of compiler_log_formatter faults with
error C2504 : test_suite : base class undefined
altough the base class is being properly declared.

I suspect that the problem is, that the base class contains
some template classes which are not exported.

Trying to export them unfortunately doesn't resolve the
problem. I further suspect, that it isn't possible to export
templated classes with msvc-6.5. But I am not sure on that.

Is this a known issue?
Are there any work-arounds possible?

If not:
1) Should the tests be omitted for msvc-6.5?
2) Are other boost regression test affected?

Roland