From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-06 13:32:48

I've looked more into the errors that we get for all intel 9.0 DLL links.
Boost.Build passes -Wl,-h option to the compiler, which is supposed to
cause it to pass -h to the linker. This behaviour was there since
the very first version of intel-linux.jam.

For some reason, that does not work with intel 9.0, the error we get is:

        IPO link: Warning unknown option '-h'.
        IPO link: can not find "libboost_regex-il90-d-1_34.so.1.34.0"
        icpc: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)

I've checked in the attached, to make intel-linux.jam use -soname.
I have verified the change does not break intel 8.0, but don't have 9.0
anywhere to test.

1. Martin, can you re-run your intel tests? It might be good
to run just one of the failing tests by hand to verify that the fix
worked, to avoid spending resources on the full test run.

2. Anybody knows what's causing this error in the first place?

3. In case my fix does not work, anybody knows how to
disable IPO completely?

Thanks,
Volodya