From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-07 14:52:52

Hi Tom,

> We need volunteer review managers for most of the libraries
> in the review queue. If your interested, let us know.
> Preferably, you would have a background in the problem domain,
> but no association with the library and a contributer
> to the boost mailing list.

I am willing to act as review manager for the Statistical
Distributions library. I
have read the job description and believe that I am qualified to
assist with
this library. At the outset, I would also like to ask John and Paul
to consider
the possibility of either a) splitting the library up into three
components,
corresponding to the statistical distributions, the special
functions, and the
utilities. That split is already reflected in the documents, and it
might be
easier to discuss and review smaller pieces separately...

Regards,

Matthias

> -----------------------------------
> Library: Statistical Distributions
> Author: John Maddock
> Location: Boost Sandbox Vault (math-toolkit)
> Review Manager: Needed
> Date: Needed
> mathematical special functions: hopefully the
> presence of these will encourage other authors to
> contribute more special function implementations in the future.
> There are helpers for the evaluation of infinite series,
> continued fractions and rational approximations.
> There is a fairly comprehensive set of root finding and
> function minimisation algorithms: both with and
> without derivative support. A Remez algorithm
> implementation allows for the locating of minimax
> rational approximations. There are also (experimental)
> classes for the manipulation of polynomials, for testing
> a special function against tabulated test data, and
> for the rapid generation of test data and/or data
> for output to an external graphing application.

Matthias Schabel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology
Utah Center for Advanced Imaging Research
729 Arapeen Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
801-587-9413 (work)
801-585-3592 (fax)
801-706-5760 (cell)
801-484-0811 (home)
matthias dot schabel at hsc dot utah dot edu