From: Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-02-08 01:55:17

Hello Christopher,
HP/UX has a 'bug'! You can not use ip_mreq with _XOPEN_RESOURCE_EXTEND
compiler flag! In the system header file of HP/UX the struct ip_mreq is
only defined if _XOPEN_RESOURCE_EXTEND is not defined.
If you don't apply the _XOPEN_RESOURCE_EXTEND you get problems with
other functions and structures (for instance struct msghdr is different,
socklen_t is not defined so etc.)
I already have had a call open by HP support. The support noticed that
it is not intuitive that multicasting is not possible with X/Open
conforming functions (_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED) and sended a change
request (patch) to the HP/UX development center.
Maybe the guys implementing HP/UX in the development center will provide
a patch.
Regards,
Oliver