From: Eugene Lyubimkin (yf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 08:42:49

Hello!
I want to propose a new feature in *Boost.Threads

*Now class _boost::thread_ have only one constructor:
/thread::thread( const function0<void>& )

/So we cannot send any parameter to thread's main function, because its
prototype have no parameters.
My proposal: let add constructor
/thread::thread( const function1<void, void*>& )/
Parameter with type /void* /will be sent to thread function.

Currently *Boost.Threads *supports Win32 API and POSIX API.
Both these APIs support sending one parameter /void*/ to thread's main
function.

Sorry for my English.
    Best, Eugene Lyubimkin, the Ukrainian C++ developer.