From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 10:27:27

> If it is purely implementation, it might make sense to have a 3-stage
> review, where each component is focussed on. That might better
> support
> reviews from those with knowledge of one or two domains, but not the
> whole system.

I need to look at the code in more detail, but my suspicion is that
the dependencies
are something like this :

special functions depend on utilities
statistical distributions depend on utilities and special functions

If this is the case, we ought to be able to review the statistical
distributions portion
of the code independently, regarding the special functions and
utilities as
implementation details, then consider the special functions as a
separate library,
with utilities as an implementation detail, then finally the
utilities themselves...

Having separate boost::math::statistics,
boost::math::special_functions, and
boost::math::statistics::distributions namespaces might help to
compartmentalize
things a bit more, too...

Matthias