From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 14:57:20

> Boost.MPI is basically a nice C++ wrapper around MPI. Before you can
> use Boost.MPI, you have to install a MPI implementation [1,2]. A basic
> knowledge of the MPI standard [3] is very useful.

Well, thank you for the links and stuffs but it doesn't quite tell me wether
the sentence telling MPI could work across several computers is supported by
boost::mpi.

Let me explain a bit what I'm trying to do: I discover other computers at
runtime (through zeroconf), then I need to connect to them and communicate
with them. I was going to use boost::asio and maintain a connected tcp
socket with each of the other pcs (I'm coding an application on each
computers).

Then I saw this sentence from boost::mpi talking about it can work across
several computers, and I wondered wether it could be possible to use it
instead of rolling my own protocol for communication between the computers.
For example, mpi would be of no use if there's no runtime-way to talk to a
process on another computer... which is what the api *looks* like as I don't
see any connect() or monitor_machine() or whatever api which would allow me
to get the processes from another computer.

Thank you.
Philippe