From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-09 03:50:25

Roland Schwarz wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I have seen that you have changed the
> libs/serialization/build/Jamfile.v2
>
> Some comments on this:
>
> 1) The issue not only applies to borland, and not only to
> serialization.
>
> 2) I am running the regressions with a modification to
> user-config.jam. I.e.:
>
> using borland : : : <cxxflags>-Ipath_to_spirit ;
>
> This works well, and if the path is not set the compiler
> will spill out a message, that will inform the user, that
> another version of spirit is needed.

I personally think that adding extra include in toolset configuration
is the most clean approach. We need not be extra smart for support
of non-mainstream configurations.

> 3) Your change will insist on a SPIRIT_ROOT beeing available,
> despite the fact that the include already might have been
> specified correctly for the toolset.
>
> 4) Will your change also work with path-constant, set in
> site-config.jam ? Policy is to get away with environment
> variables.

Robert, for avoidance of doubt, whatever the outcome of this
thread might be, may I ask you not to merge this change to RC
branch? We have regression tests running OK as it is now,
so let's not touch that.

- Volodya