From: Michael Walter (michael.walter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-09 08:12:31

On 2/9/07, Andreas Harnack <ah.boost.01_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> I've been following the discussion about physical quantities for some
> times now and I'm wondering if someone has thought of representing base
> units by prime numbers?

How would you store the products? I don't really like the idea of
unintuitive limits on the composition of base units (e.g. you can
represent 2^31, but not 19^31) -- on the other handworking with
arbitrarily-sized compile-time integers doesn't sound a lot less
complicated than dealing with sorted lists, so maybe you have
something different in mind?

Regards,
Michael