From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-10 22:46:22

Deane,

> I've been very interested in these libraries, but so far they are all
> too physics-centric for my taste. Also, I've been totally overwhelmed,
> so I haven't had the time to look at your library at all.
>
> I think I took a look at an earlier version and commented favorably on
> it, though.

You did - in fact, it was you that encouraged me to push
implementation of
heterogeneous operators in this library. I understand the overwhelmed
phenomenon - this code sat for three years in stasis before being
exhumed...
Despite being a physicist myself, I've tried fairly hard to make this
library
as general as possible without compromising performance or ease of use.
I guess time will tell if I've succeeded...

> If I ever find the time, I'll take a look and comment. If you dig
> through the boost archives, you'll find lots of comments by me about
> what I'm looking for.

I do hope you manage to scrape together the time to play with it a
bit. I know
how valuable time is, which makes the whole Boost/open source enterprise
and its successes all the more surprising to me. You were quite
active in earlier
unit/dimensional analysis discussions, and some of your suggestions
certainly helped to shape the interface. At this point, it should be
fairly mature
and mostly self-explanatory. I'd love to hear what you think.

Regards,

Matthias