From: Chris Saunders (ctsa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-12 15:17:34

This is a minor coding style feature request: I find local variable shadow
warnings helpful, but when I include my favorite boost libraries (lexical
casts, pool allocators, random numbers) I always have to do a bit of
patching to remove the warnings within boost first. While this is pretty
easy to do, I thought I'd check whether this could be fixed on mainline.
So, 1) what's the process for submitting patches for this? Do I just go
through each library maintainer? and 2) is there any way to get a visible
warning (the equivalent of gcc's -Wshadow) into the boost build/test
process?

Thanks, -Chris