From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-12 23:03:27

> The only other problem I had with Metrowerks
> was a partial ordering problem which can be
> fixed by passing unit<...> by reference to
> the various functions

Fixed for the next release...

> Because we were working in parallel the include guard for
> dimension.hpp was not updated.

Fixed.

> Neither were those in boost/units/systems

Fixed. I've also changed the CGS system to parallel the SI system in
directory structure/granularity.

> I successfully compiled and ran all the
> examples using msvc 7.1. I did not
> verify the output.

Excellent. So, to summarize :

GCC 4.0.X compiles and runs correctly
MSVC 8.0 compiles and runs correctly
MSVC 7.1 compiles and runs - correctness not checked
MWCW 9.2 compiles - problems with partial ordering (fixed),
                                            problems with isfinite, etc... (not fixed yet)

Has anyone else successfully compiled/used the library with other
compilers?

> All the static const objects in the library cause ODR
> violations for functions that use them. You can avoid
> this by only putting a reference in the unnamed namespace.

Thanks for coming up with a fix. I was just avoiding having
to put them in a .cpp file - your solution looks much more appealing.
Let me test it out...

Matthias