From: Gaurav.Jain_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-02-13 07:49:22

Hi Chris,

iflexsolutions.com said:
> > # if defined(_AIX)
> > # define ss_family __ss_family
> > # endif
>
> Nice ;)
>
> > and line #276 of /boost/asio/error.hpp #elif defined(__MACH__) &&
> > defined(__APPLE__) || defined(_AIX) But still errors related to
> > gethostbyaddr_r() and gethostbyname_r() crop up.
> > Please let know if I can continue to work on this and if possible
> > get a resolution.
>
> If you can try 0.3.8 you might find this error goes away, because
> gethostbyaddr_r and gethostbyname_r are only required if getaddrinfo
> and getnameinfo are unavailable or don't work correctly. As far as I
> can tell by googling, these last two functions are available on AIX.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

 With asio 0.3.8 and the above mentioned hack ( __ss_family ) I was able
to build the daytime_client on AIX without any errors/issues. I had to
make some changes to avoid some warnings (AIX specific):

 1. boost/asio/detail/task_io_service.hpp
  // Helper class to perform task-related operations on block exit.
  //class task_cleanup is already declared on line:341
  //class task_cleanup;
  //friend class task_cleanup;

 2.boost/asio/error.hpp
   removed #include <cerrno> since the same is being included by
#include <boost/cerrno.hpp>.

 3.boost/asio/detail/posix_fd_set_adapter.hpp
  //as suggested by you
    using namespace std;
    FD_ZERO(&fd_set_);

Regards,
Gaurav

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for an individual named. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute, store, print, copy or deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. The sender, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.