From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-13 16:11:43

Matthias Schabel said: (by the date of Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:02:49 -0700)

> Paul said
>
> > #if defined (BOOST_MSVC)
> > # pragma warning(push)
> > # pragma warning(disable: 4127) // conditional expression is constant
> > # pragma warning(disable: 4100) // unreferenced formal parameter
> > // or comment out the parameter thus /* unused_one */
> > # pragma warning(disable: 4512) // assignment operator could not
> > be generated
> > #endif
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for the tip. I'm a little uneasy committing this to the
> library itself; I sort of feel
> that deciding what level of warning you want is up to the user of the
> library. Naturally,
> I could be convinced otherwise...

I think there should be a boost policy about that. This problem
comes back again and again in boost. For instance I hated very much
the warnings in Boost.Serialization. But I think that Robert has
finally applied patches for that.

You know - there are some people out there who try to write a
warning--free programs. And if the library gives you a warning, it is
annoying - and extra effort to turn it off. Even with a shortest
"hello world" you get a warning.

Is there a boost policy about warnings?