From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-14 04:11:46

Henrik Sundberg wrote:
> 2007/2/13, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy_at_[hidden]>:
>> I think there should be a boost policy about that. This problem
>> comes back again and again in boost.
>
> I agree.

I think we all do. One thing we really need though is to get warnings
showing up in the test result matrix again, until that happens it's going to
hard for authors to fix warnings on compilers they may not have access to.

> In Openoffice.org there is a tough policy. Have a look at:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writing_warning-free_code

Right, but they're concentrating on gcc-only which makes life rather easier.
MSVC in particular issues a lot of busy-body warnings that are sometimes
hard or impossible to remove without resorting to #pragma's :-(

John.