From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-16 12:38:57

Dave Steffen wrote:
> Jody Hagins writes:
> > On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:19:29 -0000
> > "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > > Like you I think the whole persentage thing was a big mistake: even
> > > though I know what the API does and use it all the time, forgetting
> > > to convert to a persentage is the by far the most common fowl-up.
> >
> > The interface requiring percentages is bad enough. The
> > explanations in the documentation are even worse.
>
> In Gennadiy's defense, he's not a native English speaker (at least, I
> don't think he is); and if his documentation is at times hard to
> follow, remember that there are plenty of native English speakers out
> there, who are good technical writers, who _haven't_ stepped up to
> help with the documentation... like me. :-)

I, and others, have publicly offered to help with the grammatical area
of Boost documentation. If no one asks for help, they are not going to
magically get it. That is not to say that Gennadiy, or anyone else,
needs to feel that they need help in English grammar, but the offer has
been made many times in the past, and not just by me.