From: Johan Nilsson (r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-19 06:58:45

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>> Ok. How about
>>>
>>> BOOST_CHECK_PRC_DIFF
>>> BOOST_CHECK_REL_DIFF
>>> BOOST_CHECK_EPS_DIFF
>>>
>>> How about
>>>
>>> BOOST_CHECK_ABS_DIFF
>>>
>>> for absolute difference comparison?
>>
>> Oh please no.... too cute and cryptic by half, they're not
>> self-explanatory
>> at all.
>
> How about a compromise:
>
> BOOST_CHECK_PERCENT_DIFF
> BOOST_CHECK_RELATIVE_DIFF
> BOOST_CHECK_EPSILON_DIFF
> BOOST_CHECK_ABSOLUTE_DIFF (do we need this one?)

I "need" it - as an example, I'm using absolute diffs to verify that the
outcome of conversions back and forth between different coordinate systems
are correct within a certain amount of (length) units.

As I've mentioned in another place in this thread, I'd personally prefer to
have the type of difference check encoded at the end of the macro names. A
matter of personal taste, I guess.

I assume that the WARN/REQUIRE variants would be added as well?

/ Johan