From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-20 02:46:26

Stjepan Rajko wrote:
> Also, please let me know whether you think this would be an
> interesting addition to Boost.

Yes, I think (if done right) this one will be useful for all kinds of
software. I'll post a more detailed reply later, after having a look at
the code.

I think you need a pulling evaluation scheme: Making the (final) sink
pull rather than the (possibly void-) source push:
In your example, a Timer would request the Display to be updated, which
in turn would requests an Image ... and so on, until finally a frame is
pulled from the video input.
This way operator nodes (with 1 source >=1 sink) and caching (to not
reevaluate unchanged paths) become much easier to implement. So much
easier, that I'm not even sure pushing evaluation is needed at all.

Regards,
Tobias