From: Peter Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-20 04:10:49

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> |python|
> andreas_beyer: gcc-cygwin-3.4.4
> [..]: gcc-cygwin-3.4.4

All the gcc-cygwin python failures occur to a configuration problem
that occurs before Boost code is reached. (see e.g.
http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/output/speedsnail-gcc-d-boost-bin-v2-libs-python-test-andreas_beyer-test-gcc-cygwin-3-4-4-debug_release.html)

PY_LONG_LONG is resolving as __int64 which is not a type on gcc/cygwin.

Anthony, this is probably because you are using a Windows-specific
pyconfig.h (this would happen by default for example if you point gcc
at the Windows MSI version of Python for the Python includes). If your
"C:/Programme/Python25/include/pyconfig.h" has a message about being
Windows-specific at the top, then this is the case.

As a hack to get you further you can add -D__int64="long long" to your
cxxflags, however there are likely to be other issues. If my
hypothesis as to the cause is correct, then a better route would be to
make sure the cygwin python package is installed and make sure cygwin
is pointing at /path_to_cygwin/usr/include/python2.4/ for the includes.

If my hypothesis is not correct, then I'm sorry for the noise.

Pete Bartlett