From: Dave Steffen (dgsteffen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-23 13:57:51

Gennadiy Rozental writes:

> "Dave Steffen" <dgsteffen_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >
> > Gennadiy Rozental writes:
> > >
> > > "Dave Steffen" <dgsteffen_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> > > Could you be please more strait to the point. I need some specifics
> > > instead
> > > of general "I don't like behavior"
> > >
> > > What behavior? Which comparisons? How would you like it to behave?
> > > Specific
> > > examples please.
> >
> > As I've said before, the use of percentages to specify tolerances
> > drives me crazy. But, as a stronger (and more useful statement), the
> > continued existence of this thread, with all kinds of different
> > opinions about what kinds of comparisons should be supported and what
> > they should be named, is empirical evidence that A) I'm not the only
> > one who doesn't like that, and B) nobody agrees on a better solution.
> >
> > In other words, it's not an easy problem. :-)
>
> I think you are overstating disagreement a bit, don't you agree?

 OK, I'll retract the "nobody agrees on a better solution", in light
 of the recent consensus emerging about the new naming scheme. Which,
 by the way, I like.

Dave Steffen, Ph.D. Disobey this command!
Software Engineer IV - Douglas Hofstadter
Numerica Corporation
dg_at_steffen a_at_t numerica d_at_ot us (remove @'s to email me)