From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-24 17:37:57

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Martin,
> your last run has a bunch of failures caused
> by errors in Boost.Test as shown here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2aoluh
>
> Probably, somebody checked in something that broke
> Boost.Test on this specific compiler.

The recent test cycle took rather long. That usually indicates a change
to a core component. ("core" includes "Boost.Test", in this case).

> Other ideas are:
>
> 1. There's some hardware issue, like flaky RAM. But the
> error is the same everywhere.

The "but" part doesn't contradict the flaky-RAM assumption, actually.

> 2. There was some cvs conflict on update, but only one
> toolset if affected.

That's unlikely.

> Can you probably do this:
>
> 1. Manually try building Boost.Test for gcc-3.3.6 to
> verify it's not a sporadic error.

I reran the tests for the all toolsets right after I saw the results.

Results should show up with the next table update.

> 2. Try to backdate CVS a few days and see if that helps.

That's a bad idea. Rerunning the tests under that condition would take
several days. Switching back to the head revision of the RC branch would
then take another couple of days.

Regards,