From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-26 14:04:17

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:18:32 -0000, Eric Niebler
<eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Interesting! I'm not familiar with the intel compiler on linux. In what
> way does it make use of gcc?

It uses the gcc linker and library, and as you've noticed, also pretends
to be it - implementing some gcc extensions (and maybe bugs?) that it
doesn't on windows. So it's meant to work as a replacement for gcc without
much hassle. I think on windows it has a similar relationship with Visual
C++.

> No matter, I think I can guess what the
> problem is from the tests you ran. Can you apply the attached patch to
> boost/foreach.hpp and re-run your tests?

Yes, that works.

Daniel