From: Prashant Thakre (prashant.thakre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-27 14:12:36

On 28/02/07, Boris Gubenko <Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> As John said: compiling -mt (which results in _REENTRANT and _RW_MULTI_THREAD
> macros being set) is the *only* way to ensure thread safety.

 Actually, I was refering to the *-mt* flag which is hardcoded in
acc.jam i.e. there is no way to build single threaded libraries on
HP-UX. Command line is always: "aCC -mt +DD64". Please see acc.jam.

> See
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/147160/
> for more details.
 From the link:
  [John] If so then BOOST_HAS_THREADS should get turned on
automatically when building in multithread-mode *only* in
boost/config/suffix.hpp.

 This fails to happen if I remove the hardcoded *-mt* flag and instead
instruct bjam to build both sinlge and multi threaded versions of the
libraries.
 Problems with bjam probably ? Seems like it's not passing *-mt* flag
to the compiler for multi-threaded build.

--
regards,
Prashant Thakre