From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-03 11:32:58

Jeff Garland wrote:
> Bjørn Roald wrote:
>> Jeff Garland wrote:
>
>> By the way, http://www.trolltech.com has a similar solution called qmake
>> which is used in Qt. This may or may not be more appropriate in an
>> optional add-on to Boost.Build.
>
> Non-technical issue: MPC has a boost compatible license -- I doubt QT does.

Unless I completely miss the point I don't think licensing issues play any
role here. What is suggested is not to integrate any boost code with any Qt
code, but instead to provide an interface for boost *users* to more easily
access build parameters used when developing *with* boost libraries.

I don't think there is much value in providing alternative build tools to
build boost itself. If building boost is an issue for people, let's

1) enhance boost.build itself and
2) provide more convenient (e.g. modular) binary boost packages.

Thanks,
                Stefan