From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-03 22:09:00

Martin Wille wrote:

> I ran your test manually and, according to strace, it tried to look for
> modules in the wrong directory. I had the same problem two days ago and
> I solved it by calling Py_SetProgramName() and passing the path to the
> python binary to it.

Looking into the Py_SetProgramName() docs indicated that name would be
used to construct search paths. Given that this implies mapping things like
<prefix>/bin/python to <prefix>/lib/python/site-packages, I don't think
this does what I want.
However, you appear to be right in that I have to prepend a search path
to sys.path.
Now I only need to figure out how to tell the application what that is.
I spent quite some time digging through the build system, but couldn't
figure out how I would do this. Any ideas ?

Thanks,
                Stefan