From: Kevin Heifner (heifner_k_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-04 19:01:02

Bjørn Roald wrote:
> Kevin Heifner wrote:
>> BTW, MPC comes with boost base projects to derive from to make it
>> very easy to use boost with a project. For, example here is a
>> mpc file contents for a project that uses boost_thread and
>> boost_unit_test_framework:
>>
>> project : boost_unit_test_framework, boost_thread {
>> }
>>

> Typically I guess you would at least list some source files as well:
>
> project : boost_unit_test_framework, boost_thread {
> Source_Files {
> a.cpp
> b.cpp
> }
> }

Actually the default is to grab all the *.cpp files in the
directory. So this is all that is needed:

project : boost_unit_test_framework, boost_thread {
}

As long as you want all the source files in the directory.

> But yes, they are simple enough. Especially compared to typical IDE
> based project files. If you compare them to Boost.Build files the
> difference is not that great. I guess the annoying thing is that they
> pretty much reflect the same information, so the tools could at least in
> concept have been inter operable on the same set of project files.

Agreed.

> So does Boost.Build :-) A study of the format differences and
> similarities of the Jamfile and .mpc files would be interesting. Has
> anybody looked into this?

That would be interesting. I confess that I'm not that familiar
with Boost.Build.

KevinH

--
Kevin Heifner  heifner @ ociweb.com  http://heifner.blogspot.com