From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-07 03:07:43

AlisdairM ha escrito:

> One of the problems I perceived with Boost SoC involvement last year is
> that very few of the projects have come up for review, with the notable
> exception of Bimap.
>
> Would it be possible to bump SoC projects up the review queue to get
> feedback while the student is still participating, towards the end of
> the SoC period?
>
> Perhaps have a special SoC review queue for 'mini-reviews' where the
> students can present to the wider Boost audience and hopefully be
> encouraged to continue the work for a more complete review.

In a paper I wrote about the experience with GSoC 06:

http://boost.org/more/boost_soc_06_overview.html

I propose something similar, informal reviews to be held by the end
of the official GSoC period. As you, I think most projects will need to
extend well past GSoC deadlines, which is not a bad thing if people
know in advance. As I see it, there is no need to bump projects in
the review queue, since informal reviews need not interfere with
the formal procedure.

> This is also a good time to get other people involved who may help
> bring that work through to final review - I am not sure about
> Google's policy on shared participation during the SoC period itself.

Work is supposed to be done on an individual basis during
GSoC --after that, no further restrictions apply and more people could
join the project.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo