From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-08 17:52:26

On 3/8/07, Frank Mori Hess <frank.hess_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've put up a minimal web page for thread_safe_signals:
>
> http://www.comedi.org/projects/thread_safe_signals/doxygen/index.html
>
> with links for the tarball download and the html documentation. Also,
> there's a new tarball that fixes a couple bugs with multiple-definitions
> when linking.
>
> --
> Frank

Thanks for posting that! I downloaded the tarball and added it to my
boost tree. My first question is regarding the file structure -
currently, there are conflicts between files of the old signals
library and thread_safe_signals. I am trying to adapt the signal
networks / signal flow library to be compatible with both signals and
your thread_safe_signals, and it would be helpful if both signal
libraries could co-exist in the same file system. To allow this, I
modified last_value.hpp, signals/connection.hpp and signals/slot.hpp
as follows:

#ifdef BOOST_USE_THREAD_SAFE_SIGNALS
 ... your new code ...
#else
 ... old code ...

In finalizing your library, would it be possible for you to add some
mechanism like this to allow the two signal libraries to coexist on
the same file system?

Also, what are your plans for thread_safe_signals? Will signals be
replaced with thread_safe_signals or be a separate addition to the
library?

When I tried to build my code using thread_safe_signals, I get an
error using MSVC8 and boost_1_33_1:

\boost\thread_safe_signals\connection.hpp(123) : error C2039: 'lock' :
is not a member of 'boost::function<Signature>'

Should I be using the CVS version of boost?

Thanks,

Stjepan