From: Vishnu M Menon (vishnu_m_menon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-09 07:23:06

Hi,

I had sent this mail earlier, but that seems to
have... disappeared. Am sending it again - hopefully
there won't be duplicates.

My Question: Is it possible to use boost interprocess'
shared memory allocator with the normal STL containers
that come with standard C++ build environments (gcc on
Linux and Solaris, Visual C++ on Windows, etc.)? I
know that there might be an issue with some STL
containers not properly supporting encapsulated
pointers in allocators that handle offset differences
in memory addresses. Is this the reason why
interprocess has its own containers?

I apologize if this is a fairly basic question. But I
think I may have hit a search blind-spot, and need
some help getting out.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Vishnu.