From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-11 10:56:06

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> You're right again. The filename is interpreted as if it has been specified
> by a #include "file" directive. Frankly, I didn't even look at the gcc
> behavior wrt this. I'm not sure about the rationale of gcc's behavior
> either, I chose Wave's behavior as to allow for (force-)include files in the
> directory containing the main file.
>
> Do you think we should change that behavior?

For the rationale: I believe this is simply because, if the force-included
file is indeed included before the main file is seen, the processor can't
possibly know where to start searching, other than the current working directory.

Yes, I'd much appreciate if the behavior was synchronized with gcc (if there is
no real reason not to), as that avoids potential clashes. (As you know, Synopsis
is used like a compiler, i.e. users are expected to pass the same arguments from
the build system that are used in a compilation command. Thus it's important that
the semantics are the same, too.)

Thanks !

                Stefan