From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-12 00:15:22

> Have you looked at the QuickBook documentation itself? It's
> in the Boost CVS HEAD at /tools/quickbook/index.html under
> section "Import". That feature is a fairly new addition.

I hadn't found that - I'll check it out. Thanks.

> DocBook can output LaTEX but it cannot parse and process LaTeX
> source. There's a way to get MathML in, however. That avenue is
> being explored as we speak. You might want to take a look at
> http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/examples.html for example. That's
> the possibilities we are investigating on.

It actually looks to me like dblatex does support parsing of LaTeX
source, which would be a huge bonus...

> I understand your rant perfectly. You do understand that we are
> first and foremost library writers and not really tool makers,
> right? That is why I keep on urging people to help in any way
> they can. The tools we use work, but they are far from perfect.
> There are only a handful of people actively participating in the
> doc tools department. We basically have a grasp on what needs
> to be done, yet, what we do lack is the needed time to actually
> implement them.

I do understand that there are challenges; as someone who is not
really even a library writer, I'm not sure there is really anywhere that
the small amount of time I might be able to contribute to such an
effort would be beneficial given my minimal understanding of things
like XML/XSLT/etc... I'm certainly happy to participate as a tester and
provide input on design issues, though.

Matthias