From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-13 01:54:07

"Emil Dotchevski" <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I'm considering migrating my unit tests to boost.test, however there is a
> feature I need which I can't find in boost.test. Please correct me if I'm
> wrong.

Hmm. Looks like you are mixing a looot of staff into single bowl.

> Essentially what I need is a system which, given a file name without path,
> returns a fully qualified file name that places the file in the same
> directory where the executable is, and also remembers the file name in an
> internal file name list.

Looks like something what boost::filesystem should allow you to do.

>When a unit test finishes, the system goes through
> all files requested by the unit test. For each file, it compares it to a
> file with the same name but .svd extension. If a matching .svd file does
> not
> exist, or if it differs, the system fails the unit test, specifying the
> name
> of the mismatched file.

How do you plan t compare them? using diff? Than it somewhere in Boost.Build
domain.

> For example, if I request two file names:
>
> frame1.tga
> frame2.tga
>
> the system would be comparing them to
>
> frame1.svd.tga
> frame2.svd.tga
>
> and if it finds any differences, or if the .svd files don't exist, will
> fail
> the test.
>
> Does this sound as a reasonable functionality to add to boost.test?

I believe Boost.Test already have something similar or even better in some
regards. Did you take a look on output_test_stream component?

Gennadiy