From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-13 06:46:20

Thomas Witt wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>>> Boost Regression test failures
>>> Report time: 2007-03-12T05:48:13Z
>>>
>>> |python|
>>> import_: cw-9.4 gcc-mingw-3.4.2 gcc-mingw-3.4.5 intel-vc71-win-9.1 msvc-6.5 msvc-6.5 msvc-6.5_stlport4 msvc-7.0 msvc-7.1 msvc-7.1 msvc-7.1 msvc-7.1_stlport4 msvc-8.0 msvc-8.0 msvc-8.0
>> I don't understand how the number of import_ failures can go up, no down, given
>> that the issue was fixed a week ago. Is anybody taking these numbers seriously at all ?
>
> Don't get me wrong, but what makes you sure that it's not the patch
> that's broken.

Nothing, and that's exactly my point !

A fix went in over a week ago. Instead of having a row of results in the test matrix showing me
24 hours later whether all is well now, results are (for a number of reasons) tickling in one
at a time. Also, looking at the above descriptors, there are multiple entries for a number of
toolkits, suggesting the number of failures reported is only barely correlated to the
actual failures (and quite likely doesn't correspond the the current state of affairs) either.

Thus my question: does anybody actually care about these numbers ?

Regards,
                Stefan