From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-13 14:01:45

Jeremy Pack wrote:
> Did you check out the code that I put up at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost-extension/? I'm currently working on
> the documentation and unit tests for it (there are a few unit tests in it
> already). It should run on OS X, Windows and *nixes.
>
> I actually work for Google, so I can help out with SoC.

Just to clarify, would Mariano apply to Boost or Google as the mentoring org
in this case? I suspect the answer is that it could be either way, except
that you aren't a Boost mentor so any help you give would be 'unofficial' if
the work was done thru Boost.

As for the project, I wonder if we should consider a project that has the
specific intent to bring the library completed, up to Boost standards, and
reviewed within the SoC time period. I don't know if that's feasible (haven't
looked at the lib), but I imagine we could make review queue accommodation's.
  It would be something of a hybrid in that it wouldn't be entirely the work
of the Mariano, but it might be a different approach to getting SoC projects
into Boost faster. We have the BigDecimal library in the sandbox which I
believe could similarly be picked up, finished off and submitted in short order.

Jeff