From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-14 19:14:40

frederic.bron_at_[hidden] wrote:
> This is about output of real values (float, double, ...) in exponential
> format and output of not a number and infinity.
> My concern is that in C++, the output differs from one compiler/machine to
> another. It would be very nice if boost::format could garantee the same
> output on every computer.

I'm not 100% sure this will solve your problem, but you should have a look at
the floating_point_utils from Johan Rade with help from John Maddock and
others. You can find it in the vault here

http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Math%20-%20Numerics

It's not an official lib yet, but I believe it's been testing on a whole bunch
of compilers and platforms. There's a long discussion of this in the mail
archive -- look for 'fpclassify' on this page:

http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2006/12/index.php

HTH,

Jeff