From: Andreas Harnack (ah.boost.04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-15 07:25:33

Matthias Schabel schrieb:
[Snip]
> But in most ways differences behave more like what we expect
> when we use units. That is a length, for example, is really a
> difference between the two endpoints of an object, etc...

Exactly, a voltage is a difference between two potentials and a
potential is a voltage measured against ground...

The point I'm trying to make is that quantities of the same unit
form a vector space and a vector space always has an basis.
Selecting a particular basis is typically application dependent.
Kelvin and Celsius seem to be two of the rare exceptions where a
unit implies an origin.

The wrapper class seems to be a good approach, but the problem
of distinguishing several bases applies to all vector spaces, so
we should be able to find a general solution.

Andreas