From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-15 17:03:56

on Sat Mar 10 2007, Michael Caisse <boost-AT-objectmodelingdesigns.com> wrote:

> I'm just a simple user / lurker at the moment (though I'm hopeful to be
> a contributor someday), but if Boost is moving to subversion would
> moving to Trac make sense?

IMO Yes.

I am currently running several Tracs. I love the integration of the
wiki with the bug tracking system and SVN. I have set up an
SVN post-commit hook
(http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/contrib/trac-post-commit-hook)
that lets you resolve and update tickets by writing things like

     Changed blah and foo to do this or that. Fixes #10 and #12, and refs #12.

In subversion commit messages, which will close tickets #10 and #12,
and add the commit message as a note to #12.

If we had this kind of integration, maybe our bug trackers would get
more attention than they do currently.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting