From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-16 13:27:29

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> IOW this library promotes unsafe programming right?

Don't be that hard ;-) Let's say that intrusive containers are
interesting for the following purposes:

-> Embedded systems.
-> High performance algorithms.
-> Store non-copyable and non-movable objects.
-> Low-level memory algorithms, node pools, and similar stuff.
-> To build more complex containers, avoiding memory allocations.

I agree that Intrusive is not a high-level library comparing it to other
Boost libraries, but I really think that it will be very useful to build
other Boost libraries. I would say that Intrusive wants to convert some
currently unsafe/low-level practices a bit more safer without losing
performance.

But obviously, this was better said in the introduction, as you have
already commented.

Best,

Ion