From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-17 10:37:39

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:20:51 -0000, Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Ok. Thanks for your comment. I will change the introduction to something
> more exciting, based on the performance benefits of intrusive
> containers.

I think you could emphasize the improved exception guarantees, they're a
big advantage over STL containers. Also, you only mention that
non-copyable/assignable objects can be stored in intrusive containers
under the downsides.

Intrusive data structures can also be useful when defining the relations
between classes, although I think that's out of scope for your library.
But at the very least, an object should know when it's the member of an
intrusive container (hopefully?). A couple of old Dr. Dobbs articles were
about this:

http://www.drdobbs.com/dept/architect/184411070
(this one's a little hyperbolic as they're trying to sell their own
library)

http://www.drdobbs.com/dept/cpp/184401437?pgno=5
(this one seems to be back to front, so I've linked to the last page)

I think your library could supply a good base for this sort of thing.

Daniel

P.S. I'll review the library in the next few days.