From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-18 00:03:10

Thanks for everyone that replied to the query for interest on a
"signal flow" library. I have started incorporating the feedback and
expanding the documentation into a more formalized notion of a Signal
Network library, which I would like to propose for Google Summer of
Code / Boost.

http://dancinghacker.com/code/signet/ holds a draft of the
proposal/documentation - the current implementation with
examples/tests is available for download from that page. It should
work with both Boost.Signals and Frank's thread_safe_signals (thanks
for that patch Frank it worked) for the most part.

Some of the improvements are:
 * better choice of operators / syntax
 * modular components for storage and flow control of signals
 * started implementing support for threading
 * prototype of a predefined topology (chain)
 * ... and more....

If you have any comments / requests / suggestions on the proposal
and/or the library, please send me a note (or feel free to post
requests on the SoC wiki :-) )

Thanks,

Stjepan