From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-19 15:48:14

Dave Harris said: (by the date of Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:21 +0000 (GMT))

> In other words, if you support BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT() then you
> should also support BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT_ALIAS().
>
> If by this you mean they should convert all the user data in one huge
> conversion binge, then that's not always practical. Sometimes the
> conversion has to be done inline, with the old archive format supported
> forever by all future version of the program.

I agree 100%, because code refactoring is a very important aspect of
software design. Even in the advanced stage, when the software is
released and in production. Keeping backward compatibility _and_
being able to make code refactoring is a very big advantage.