From: Marcus Lindblom (macke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-19 16:26:09

Hi,

I started using the filter/split-iterators from the string-algorithm.
today, and liked them a lot. However, I think some improvements would
make them even better:

1. Provide const overloads for make_foo_iterator funcs. Currently, I
can't use those functions to search f.ex. a const std::string. Works
fine when using the constructor directly though.

2. Make the filter_type public or templated (with boost::function as
default). Simply because I'd like to avoid dynamic memory allocation
when in functions creating those iterators. It feels a bit unnecessary
and I can't create something of filter_iterator_base::finder_type, since
it's protected.

Does it sound reasonable?

Cheers,
/Marcus