From: Sam Schetterer (samthecppman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-19 18:31:30

Hello. I am planning to implement a multikey quicksort, which is basically
the same thing as normal radix quicksort except it is adapted to work for
arrays of any one type. However, it is used for arrays of arrays, and the
arrays in the array are sorted using the same method that is used on
strings. However, to use it, one must pass the function a terminating
object, operator== and operator< must be defined for the objects in the
arrays in the big array, each array must be of one type (multikey quicksort
won't work well for arrays of objects that have polymorphic compare
functions). Also, I don't encounter the array within array situation very
much, but if you do, I am pretty sure that multikey quicksort will help a
lot if you do the work required of you, because you won't have to worry
about whether keys are the same length like you would for normal radixsort.
However, if multikey quicksort will not be of any help to you, please post,
because I don't want to adouble the size of the radix quicksort header for
something that will not be used.