From: Sam Schetterer (samthecppman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-20 18:58:27

Hi. I am writing multikey quicksort, which is like radix quicksort except
for arrays of any type. However, multikey quicksort need a terminatiing
object. I am not sure whether to have users pass the terminating value and
trust that it will compare low against everything else, or whether I should
have users create a class that is convertible to the object type being
sorted, but will always compare low no matter what. Then, users will append
either the terminating value or the special object to the end of each array
and sort the arrays. I would like your input so that I can get started on
the documentation for multikey quicksort. Also, I have posted an example
version on vault in multikey quicksort.cpp. I know that the abilities
offered by multikey quicksort aren't offered by std::sort.