From: Sam Schetterer (samthecppman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-21 17:52:33

Well, when you timed the code, ou used std::clock. Howver, I have found that
on windows, using std::time is much more accurate than clock and gives more
reliable results. Also, I acknowledge that radixsort and radixquicksort
might be slower than std::sort in some cass, but they are generally easier
for the user to implement. Also, have you downloaded the multikey quicksort
code yet? it is like radix quicksort but can be used for arrays of arrays of
any type, so writing complicated and slower comparison functions are not
needed for the sort to be used. For example, if you wanted to sort arrays of
arrays of integers, especially if many of them are in a small range, then to
write an operator<, you would have to include a for loop to compare the
elements. However, multikey quicksort dows not need any complicated
comparison function, so it will work really well.