From: Jeremy Pack (rostovpack_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-22 16:34:33

> > There are a few alternatives out there, like QT4 (GPL license)
> > and wxwidgets (Free also), but maybe you want something else?

Without paying for QT, it is definitely not compatible with the Boost
license (the free version is GPL), but I don't believe there would be
problems since this is just going to be an add-on program for use with the
Boost libraries, and not a library itself. The source code would just need
to be included with it. There shouldn't be any issues with people using this
front end for their proprietary, closed-source software. Correct me if I'm
wrong.

small update:

http://wxwidgets.org/about/newlicen.htm

> I don't even bother to check what is the license for WinAPI, but
> perhaps an API from ReactOS would do? (in case if you wanted to stick
> to WinAPI compatibile GUI toolkit).
>

> if you asked me, I would vote for QT4, but that's only my personal
> opinion.

I also vote for QT. I like the API more.

Of course, you could always build a minimal web server (or write some CGI
scripts and run from Apache) and do the interface in HTML and Javascript.

Jeremy Pack